Dominic Harris Studio is currently hiring for the following role:
Technical Artist specialising in Tools, Pipeline and System Development (UE4 / UE5)
updated November 2021
We are seeking a Technical Artist specialising in Tools, Pipeline and System Development to join our tight-knit creative studio with an international reputation for creating interactive artworks and installations. You will work as a part of our multidisciplinary team, predominantly focusing on system development on interactive 3D environments, materials and 3D visual effects. There will be opportunities to get involved in creative development and R&D across a range of projects. This is an exciting opportunity to apply skills with Unreal Engine to create and advance Artworks.
Responsibilities will include:
● Identifying and exploring improvements to our pipeline and workflows in collaboration with the project lead.
● Creating proof of concept tools for quickly executing tests.
● Working with the wider team to create full spec production workflows and tools.
● Collaborating with developers, 3D artists and animators to execute innovative and beautiful Artworks.
● Designing and implementing system designs with unique technical problems not common in the real-time industry
● At Least 1-2 years of professional experience and strong knowledge of UE4 using Blueprints, with a particular understanding of the architecture for complex tools and pipelines.
● Strong understanding of real-time content and the requirements for this to be efficient and high-quality.
● An artistic eye and understanding of aesthetics
● Confident in taking a brief, exploring and executing it both collaboratively and independently.
● Experience with custom material shaders
● Experience with UE4 Niagara
● Particle Systems
● Experience in implementing of animations and animation Blueprints
● You want to take ownership of projects and have a direct impact on creative development.
● PBR work-flow experience
● Experience using and setting up automation for content/asset processing.
● Visual programming or Python
● Experience in 3DS Max, Maya, ZBrush, Blender or Houdini
● Cloth simulation
● Real-time physics simulation
● The ability to read and amend C++, C#
● Unity experience
● UE4 nDisplay
- This is a full-time position, and will be based at our Notting Hill studio. The studio is a busy production environment of approx 20 people.
- Remuneration is competitive and based on experience.
- Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Technical Artist application" in subject line.
- No agencies please (Agencies will be ignored).
- Remote working will only apply during mandated COVID-19 lockdowns.
- All staff are required to do regular lateral flow COVID-19 testing
- Flexibility on start and finishing hours in order to accommodate quietest public transport times.