Dominic Harris Studio is currently hiring for the following role:
Artist Assistant at Dominic Harris Studio
updated June 2021
Dominic Harris Studio is seeking an Artist’s Assistant / Personal Assistant to work at their London studio.
You will be working directly with Dominic Harris, on a variety of roles. Administrative duties will form part of the role, but the ideal candidate will need to be from a fine art background as a major focus will be on assisting Harris with research.
Approximate breakdown of job role:
25% Art and Concept research
25% Presentations and Gallery/Collector coordination
25% PR / Website / Social Media
25% Personal Assistant tasks and other administrative tasks (eg. phones, purchasing, invoicing, manual tasks)
The following are prerequisites for the role:
- Prior experience (this is a busy studio environment and prior experience in a similar role is essential)
- A background in art (either through education or work experience)
- Presentable and confident (you will be gallery and collector facing)
- Good writing skills
- Research skills Adobe InDesign (to a high level)
- Adobe Photoshop (to a competent level)
- Basic video editing skills
- Spreadsheet experience (to a competent standard)
- Must like dogs (essential as the artist brings his dog to work)
The following will be advantageous but are not required:
- Advanced Video editing (eg. After Effects / Premiere)
- Good IT skills (eg. knowing how to troubleshoot computers)
- Good photography skills (eg. DSLR, lighting setups, post-production)
- Experience with working with big galleries, museums, exhibitions, etc.
- Cinema 4D modelling / rendering
- This is a full-time position, and will be based at our Notting Hill studio. The studio is a busy production environment of approx 20 people.
- Remuneration is competitive and based on experience.
- Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Artist Assistant Job Application" in subject line.
- No agencies please (Agencies will be ignored).
- Remote working will only apply during mandated COVID-19 lockdowns.
- All staff are required to do regular lateral flow COVID-19 testing
- Flexibility on start and finishing hours in order to accommodate quietest public transport times.
- Masks are worn within the studio and on site, and social distancing maintained.