Dominic Harris Studio is currently hiring for the following role:
Environment Artist specialising in
UE4 & UE5
Updated December 2022
Environment Artist to join our tight-knit creative studio with an international reputation for creating interactive artworks and installations. You will work as a part of our multidisciplinary team, predominantly focusing on system development on interactive 3D environments, materials and 3D visual effects. There will be opportunities to get involved in creative development and R&D across a range of projects.
Dominic Harris Studio is the production studio of Artist Dominic Harris. (www.dominicharris.com). The studio specialises in real-time interactive digital Artwork and immersive installations. R&D is at the core of what we do - finding creative solutions for beautiful and innovative projects. With dedicated production, development, 3D and electronics teams we are an innovative collaborative and vibrant studio.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creation of environments, models, texturing and lighting for the studio projects, in an iterative process with developers and the Artist.
- Rapid prototyping of proof of concepts and iterative lookdev for initial artwork ideas.
- Understand current processes and implement improvements to our pipeline and workflows in collaboration with the project lead.
- Collaborating with other developers, 3D artists and animators within the studio, to execute innovative and beautiful Artworks.
- Designing and implementing design systems with unique technical problems that are not common in the real-time industry.
- Take ownership of projects and have a direct impact on creative development.
NB: Please note this role may at times require travel. As such, we are looking for candidates with a full valid passport, and who are fully COVID vaccinated and able to conform with current COVID travel requirements (for example, testing and boosters).
- At Least 3 years of professional experience in 3D art and strong knowledge of UE4 and UE5, with a particular understanding of the architecture for complex tools and pipelines.
- Strong understanding of real-time content and the requirements for this to be efficient and high-quality.Expertise in real time 3D pipelines.
- An artistic eye and understanding of aestheticsExceptional attention to details.
- Experience with custom material shadersExperience with Particle Systems (Niagara)PBR workflow experienceExperienced in 3DS Max, Maya, ZBrush, - Blender or HoudiniExperienced in Substance Packages, Photoshop.
- Confident in taking a brief, exploring and executing it both collaboratively and independently.
- Experience using and setting up automation for content/asset processing.
- Cloth and hair simulation
- Real-time physics simulation
- UE5 Blueprints
- Unity experience
- UE5 nDisplay
- Python automations
- Experience in virtual production workflow
- This is a full-time position, and will be based at our Notting Hill studio. The studio is a busy production environment of approx 20 people.
- Remuneration is competitive and based on experience.
- Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Environment Artist application" in the subject line.
- No agencies please (Agencies will be ignored).