Dominic Harris Studio is currently hiring for the following role:
QA Technologist and Tester w/ Support responsibilities
Updated December 2022
Dominic Harris Studio is seeking a QA Technologist who is looking to break away from the Game industry to work at our West London Artist studio.Dominic Harris Studio is the production studio of Artist Dominic Harris. (www.dominicharris.com). The studio specialises in real-time interactive digital Artwork and immersive installations. R&D is at the core of what we do - finding creative solutions for beautiful and innovative projects. With dedicated production, development, 3D and electronics teams we are an innovative collaborative and vibrant studio.
You will work as a core part of the Software and 3D team with two main overlapping areas of focus:
1. Overseeing the deployment of and ongoing running of Artworks, including identifying and resolving issues with software and hardware on existing Artworks and Installations.
2. QA on new and developing Artworks.
We pride ourselves as a studio on helping our team develop their interests. For the right candidate, there will be opportunities to help offer solutions, get involved in R&D and development work, and incorporate creative technologies into the studio workflow.
NB: Please note this role will require travel. As such, we are looking for candidates with a full valid passport, and who are fully COVID vaccinated and able to conform with current COVID travel requirements (for example, testing and boosters).
You will be:
● A technology enthusiast
● Have experience with QA of real-time projects (Games/Real time artworks).
● Have experience working with Unreal/Unity projects.
● Strong communication skills.
Responsibilities will include:
● Implementing a QA process for new and existing Artworks.
● Conducting QA on projects and effectively feeding back to the relevant team members.
● Testing and initiating troubleshooting on current and legacy projects.
● Providing assistance to Collectors for testing / configuration / fault-finding.
● Improving our QA procedures and tools.
Periodically the role also requires you to undertake support calls with collectors/clients via zoom, teams, etc, in order to direct them in resolving e.g., a software bug or hardware issue. Therefore, you should be comfortable talking in a polite and professional manner to these clients, who may be located in different countries and based in different time zones.