Dominic Harris Studio is currently hiring for the following role:
Senior Creative Developer (Unreal Engine)
Updated January 2023
We are seeking an experienced Senior Unreal Developer to join our tight-knit creative studio with an international reputation creating interactive artworks.You will work as a senior developer within our multi-disciplinary team focusing on designing and building custom creative solutions and tools predominantly on the UE4/UE5 based artworks. This is the perfect opportunity to take a lead in creative development and R&D in the context of an established Artist’s Studio. This will be a pivotal role in guiding and supporting new Artworks and Technologies in the studio.
Dominic Harris Studio is the production studio of Artist Dominic Harris. (www.dominicharris.com). Operating at the forefront of digital technology we specialise in real-time interactive digital Artwork and immersive installations. R&D is at the core of what we do - finding creative solutions for beautiful and innovative projects. With dedicated production, development, 3D and electronics teams we are an innovative collaborative and vibrant studio.
NB: Please note this role will require travel. As such, we are looking for candidates with a full valid passport, and who are fully COVID vaccinated and able to conform with current COVID travel requirements (for example, testing and boosters).
Responsibilities will include:
● Responsibilities will include:Creating real-time screen-based and immersive installations and projects
● Access to R&D budgets and resources to ensure the studio remains at cutting-edge.
● Working with the software and 3d teams to guide and ensure efficient development of projects.
● Liaising with the artist, various managers and design/production teams.
● Travelling nationally and internationally to artwork installs and site visits.
● Work alongside the other senior developers, and participate in the growth of a team that also includes junior/mid level developers
NB: Please note this role will at times require travel. As such, we are looking for candidates with a full valid passport, and who are fully COVID vaccinated and able to conform with current COVID travel requirements (for example, testing and boosters).
● A minimum of 5 years of production experience in a professional environment (eg. Games, XR, VR, Animation or Film Industry)
● Expertise in Unreal Engine
● Excellent knowledge of Blueprints for Unreal.
● Demonstrable passion for tech/art/experiential events and involvement in the wider software development community
● An understanding of Shaders/Material Graph.
● Knowledge in real time VFX (eg. Niagara).
● Experience with working with Animators, 3D artists and Other Developers.
● An eye for design and creating beautiful aesthetics.
● Competent time management skills; ability to work on several projects at once.
● A hunger to learn and experiment with new technologies
Not essential, but beneficial:
● Knowledge of NDisplay and large scale setups
● Knowledge In C++
● An understanding of Linux vs Windows in relation to Unreal EngineExperience with Unity, particularly an understanding of previous Unity versions, changes and bugs.
● Experience with AI / Machine Learning / Computer Vision - eg skeleton tracking system