Dominic Harris Studio is currently hiring for the following role:
UE4 / C++ Developer at Dominic Harris Studio
updated June 2021
Dominic Harris Studio are seeking an experienced C++ & Unreal Developer to join our tight-knit creative studio.
Dominic Harris Studio specializes in interactive artworks and large kinetic sculptures. The team is comprised of approx. 20 people, and includes dedicated software, 3D, animation/rigging, motion capture, electronics and production teams.
We are seeking an experienced C++ & Unreal Developer to join our tight-knit creative studio with an international reputation creating interactive and kinetic artworks.
You will work as a part of our multi-disciplinary team to work predominantly focusing on designing and building custom creative solutions and tools inside and out of UE4 along side designing new forms of interaction within digital works of art. There will be opportunities to get involved in creative development and R&D across a range of projects.
- Exceptionally Good. Talented and creative in how you approach programming.
- You enjoy working as part of a team but can also go solo with brilliance.
- You want to take ownership of projects and have a direct impact on creative development.
- 3+ years of production experience. (note: options exist for more senior roles - please specify experience in application)
- Solid understanding and experience of Blueprints for Unreal.
- Extensive experience with Unreal Engine (UE4) including tools, pipeline and animation.
- Experience with Niagara (UE4).
- Experience with scripting language for 3D – eg Maxscript.
- An understanding of Shaders, particularly Shader Code like Vertex, Compute and Pixel.
- Knowledge and understanding of particle simulation systems.
- Experience with integration with Animators, 3D artists and Pipelines.
Not essential, but beneficial:
- Knowledge and experience of programming with C++, particularly C++ with Unreal.
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Unity, particularly an understanding of previous Unity versions, changes and bugs.
- Experience with AI / Machine Learning / Computer Vision - eg skeleton tracking system Plastic server administration - Source control and SDLC
- Understanding of animation pipeline (including working with data from Houdini, and working with animation/rigging data, etc)
- Must have the right to work in the UK (visa), hold a valid passport and be willing to travel for work.
- This is a full-time position, and will be based at our Notting Hill studio. The studio is a busy production environment of approx 20 people.
- Remuneration is competitive and based on experience.
- Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with "UE4 Developer Job Application" in subject line.
- No agencies please (Agencies will be ignored).
- Remote working will only apply during mandated COVID-19 lockdowns.
- All staff are required to do regular lateral flow COVID-19 testing
- Flexibility on start and finishing hours in order to accommodate quietest public transport times.
- Masks are worn within the studio and on site, and social distancing maintained.