Dominic Harris Studio is currently hiring for the following role:
Unreal Technical Artist / Developer
Updated January 2024
We are seeking an experienced Unreal Developer to join a tight-knit creative studio. You will work as a part of our multi-disciplinary team focusing on creating custom creative solutions and tools predominantly in Unreal Engine. There will be further opportunities to get involved in creative development and R&D on other specialised software/electronics platforms.
Dominic Harris Studio is the production studio of Artist Dominic Harris. (www.dominicharris.com). Operating at the forefront of digital technology we specialise in real-time interactive digital Artwork and immersive installations. R&D is at the core of what we do - finding creative solutions for beautiful and innovative projects. With dedicated production, development, 3D and electronics teams we are an innovative collaborative and vibrant studio.
- You are exceptionally good and ambitious.
- You have an artistic eye, for composition and detail.
- You enjoy working as part of a team but can also lead solo projects.
- You have a desire to take ownership of projects and have a direct impact on creative development.
- Minimum 3 years of production experience.
- Extensive experience with Unreal Engine (UE5), including tools, pipeline and animation.
- Solid understanding of Blueprints for Unreal.
- Solid skills in Shaders/ Material Graphs
- Knowledge and understanding of particle simulation systems (Niagara).
Not essential, but beneficial:
- Experience with integration with Animators, 3D artists and its Pipelines.
- Experience with scripting language – eg Python, Max script, Mel, Java
- Understanding of animation pipeline (including working with data from Houdini / Blender / C4d), working with animation/rigging data, etc
NB: Please note this role will require travel. As such, we are looking for candidates with a full valid passport.